“We need to pay more attention to the inner values that are the key to our happiness.” - The Dalai Lama, FDCW's patron.
The Foundation for Developing Compassion and Wisdom is pleased to announce Level 1 of our new three-level learning programme:
The a.r.t. of Fulfilment (action, reflection, transformation)
The a.r.t. of Fulfilment is an innovative, in-depth programme for general adult audiences, and the Level 1 course is suitable for anyone looking for:
- a path of meaningful personal development
- the ‘What next?’ after a mindfulness course
- a different perspective on life
- methods and techniques to use in their work with others
It is also ideal for facilitators and participants of other Universal Education for Compassion and Wisdom (UECW) programmes and courses.
A Unique Programme of Systematic Inquiry
The a.r.t. of Fulfilment programme is a systematic inquiry into how you can lead a more fulfilling and meaningful life in the 21st century.
The programme explores three integrated themes:
- Inner Happiness - how an ethical framework of basic human values such as kindness and courage can be cultivated, embodied and enacted in daily life to create the causes for genuine sustainable happiness.
- Good Heart - how empathy and compassion can be developed through simple practices for more caring, positive relationships in the family, community and society.
- Clear Mind - how training in attention and awareness develops the skills to become free from disturbing mental habits and make positive choices within the complexity of modern life.
The a.r.t. of Fulfilment programme map -fulfilling your potential through a unique integrated framework for cultivating Inner Happiness, a Good Heart and a Clear Mind
The programme content is rooted in Buddhist philosophy and psychology, supported by scientific research and Western philosophy and psychology. It has been developed by an international team with academic-level expertise in Buddhism, Western philosophy and psychology, contemporary science and experiential learning methodology.
What to expect at Level 1
Starting from your current perspective, through a process of individual and group inquiry in a supportive atmosphere, you explore profound questions around:
- how you actually live in the world
- how this can either limit you or help you develop in the long-term
- whether you can change
- whether you have choices
- what makes a happier and more fulfilling life
- what living up to your potential might mean
These investigations are structured as a variety of enjoyable yet challenging exercises, reflections and discussions.
Most importantly, you will have structured daily exercises and techniques to take away with you to help you continue to inquire over time, and integrate your discoveries into daily life.
The programme is also designed to help you:
- increase your resilience
- cultivate positive qualities which act as your inner resources
- become more aware of and better able to work with your thoughts, emotions and feelings
- feel confident and equipped to make positive, ethical choices
- learn how to calm and focus your mind
- improve your ability to cultivate positive relationships within your family, workplace, or community
- enhance your creativity and logical reasoning
Our first group of highly-skilled facilitators have just completed their Level 1 training. The a.r.t. of Fulfilment facilitators have in-depth understanding of the material, especially Buddhist philosophy and psychology, as well as long-term personal experience of exploring the issues and integrating them into their own lives. Level 1 courses will begin to be offered at various locations around the world from 2017. Taster sessions are also available. See the calendar here for upcoming dates.
“I was really taken with how deep the material goes - how well you remember it - because you were involved in the material rather than just passively listening. This course is well worth the effort.” -trial participant, The a.r.t. of Fulfilment
“A very interesting series of exercises were encountered during the day. In different ways they were well-focused on the key ideas being explored. As a participant, they have led to a number of important insights for my own life.” -trial participant, The a.r.t. of Fulfilment