The a.r.t. of Fulfilment- Level 1, California, USA
This programme will be offered as a 10 day residential retreat. The a.r.t. of Fulfilment is an innovative, in-depth programme suitable for general adult audiences - people seeking to explore deeper meaning in life - as well as facilitators and participants of other Universal Education for Compassion and Wisdom (UECW) programmes and courses.
Dates: June 30th to July 9th
What to expect at Level 1
Starting from your current perspective, through a process of individual and group inquiry in a supportive atmosphere, you explore profound questions around:
- how you actually live in the world
- how this can either limit you or help you develop in the long-term
- whether you can change
- whether you have choices
- what makes a happier and more fulfilling life
- what living up to your potential might mean
These investigations are structured as a variety of enjoyable yet challenging exercises, reflections and discussions.
Most importantly, you will have structured daily exercises and techniques to take away with you to help you continue to inquire over time, and integrate your discoveries into daily life.
The programme is also designed to help you:
- increase your resilience
- cultivate positive qualities which act as your inner resources
- become more aware of and better able to work with your thoughts, emotions and feelings
- feel confident and equipped to make positive, ethical choices
- learn how to calm and focus your mind
- improve your ability to cultivate positive relationships within your family, workplace, or community
- enhance your creativity and logical reasoning
“I was really taken with how deep the material goes - how well you remember it - because you were involved in the material rather than just passively listening. This course is well worth the effort.” -trial participant, The a.r.t. of Fulfilment
“A very interesting series of exercises were encountered during the day. In different ways they were well-focused on the key ideas being explored. As a participant, they have led to a number of important insights for my own life.” -trial participant, The a.r.t. of Fulfilment
Facilitator(s): Ven. Tenzin Chogkyi and Don Handrick