"Our aim is to bring about peace and an end to violence through educating people to be kind and wise. The most important education in life is how to achieve happiness and peace." – Lama Zopa, Honorary President
A more peaceful, compassionate and harmonious world built on long-lasting personal change.
To enable positive personal change and alleviate social problems through educational programmes and resources based on universal human values.
The work of FDCW is guided by the following five principles:
- Universal: suitable for people or all ages and cultures, and of any faith or none
- Practical: immediately applicable to everyday life, from birth up until death
- Appreciative: celebrating the unique potential of every individual
- Non-dogmatic: encouraging critical thinking and self-reflection
- Integrated: promoting learning methods that bring together both head and heart
FDCW is registered in the UK as an educational non-profit and is affiliated to the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT).