"The key to a happier and more successful world is the growth of compassion. We do not need to become religious, but to each develop our good human qualities." - The Dalai Lama (Patron of FDCW)
Universal Education for Compassion and Wisdom proposes that the most direct, practical and lasting response to the many problems and challenges of our age - from personal dissatisfaction and unhappiness to violence, injustice and destruction of the natural environment - is to help children, youth and adults develop their innate capacity to be kind and wise.
Universal Education achieves this by providing lifelong learning programmes in three main areas:
- How to develop the positive qualities that lead to Inner Happiness
- How to cultivate a Good Heart and the capacity to benefit others
- How to develop a Clear Mind, based on a deep understanding of how we and the world around us exist and function.
Using experiential methods such as mindfulness, these learning programmes offer a system of inner development that enables people everywhere to live in a way that brings peace and well-being to themselves and the people around them.
All Universal Education activities are guided by the twin principles of:
- Accessibility: suitable for people of all ages, cultures and traditions
- Authenticity: rooted in Buddhist philosophy and psychology, brought together with contemporary science and the universal wisdom of the world’s philosophical, spiritual and religious traditions.
Whether you work in education, youth work, health and social care or prisons, in the front line or leadership, with individuals, families, small to medium sized enterprises, or in institutions that serve, protect or govern society, Universal Education offers you learning and tools that you can immediately take into your personal and professional life, and which will ripple out to create a happier and more peaceful world.